To assist parents of children with special needs and learning differences by providing collaborative direction. Clients of special needs children feel comfortable knowing I am a fellow traveler on the special needs journey. I am delighted to work with parents of children with or without special needs who are seeking parent coaching.
A Special Needs Parent Coach offers you a confidential environment to gain new perspectives and tools so you may grow as the cohesive family you know you are. I will accompany you on this journey as your confidant as we work to strengthen your family’s foundation. Together, we will work to empower you as a special needs parent while helping you discover practical tools that will bring you and your family growth. You deserve someone on your team who can embrace the best interests of your family as a top priority.
Parents need help with specific issues, such as:
- Adjusting to the new life that caring for a child with learning differences and/or special needs brings.
- Accepting the diagnosis and understanding what it means.
- Dealing with the loss of the future they thought they were going to have.
- Creating a positive new future that may be different than they expected.
- Uncovering their child’s abilities.
- Helping them as they feel overwhelmed, confused, isolated, discouraged, and worried.
- Replacing concerns with results, confidence and joy.
- Finding the best services and therapies for their child.
- Maintaining positive relationships with family and friends.
- Helping them to work as a team with their spouse/partner and other support.
- Negotiating school systems and understanding Individual Education Plans (IEP’s).
- Helping their child learn appropriate social skills.
- Understanding their child’s sensory sensitivities.
Parents need help with generalized parenting issues, such as:
- Dealing with discipline, sleep, temper tantrums, mealtime issues and more.
- Preparing for transitions in school and at home.
- Managing challenging behaviors.
- Helping their children acquire life skills for an independent life.
- Addressing issues related to chores, family life, school, homework, friendships, siblings.
Parents may need help addressing their own needs, such as:
- Managing the self-care necessary to parent well.
- Managing time to work on their marriage/partnership.
- Finding a balance that works best for their family.
- Managing external and internal pressures from family, friends, society at large.
Grande Parenting Solutions’ Offerings
A Special Needs Parent Coach offers you a confidential environment to gain new perspectives and tools to grow as the exceptional family you know you are. I will come along side you as a sounding board and family support. I will work with you to empower you as a special needs parent while helping you discover practical tools to bring you growth. You deserve a team member who holds your best interests and the best interests of your child at heart.